Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cashew Mayo

This is great on sandwiches or for coleslaw. It would also probably make a great potato salad with a little more seasoning. I'll have to try that out this summer.

I doubled the recipe and made more coleslaw and Chickpea “Tuna” Salad (recipe coming for that tomorrow) and I froze the rest. I froze the remainder of the mayo by putting it in an ice cube tray and then once it was frozen I put the cubes into a freezer bag. That way I can defrost a small amount to use on a sandwich. 

This recipe is adapted from http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=27316.0.

Cashew Mayo
¾ cup cashews
¼ cup non-dairy milk (I used almond.)
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. mustard
1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave

Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor and add more milk as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment