Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Black Bean Tacos and Coleslaw with Cashew Mayo


Black bean tacos is one of our go to recipes during the week. It's quick and easy and best of all our Little Rhino will usually eat it. We like to add avocado, onion, salsa and hot sauce to our tacos. Tonight we had left over cheese sauce from here: http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2010/07/cheese-peas-n-pasta-meatless-monday.html that we poured over the tacos.



I had a head of cabbage left from our CSA share that I wasn't sure what to do with. I found this recipe from vegweb  http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=27316.0 for Creamy Cashew Coleslaw.  I was excited to find a recipe that is egg-free and soy-free. The cashew mayo is very good but I would have liked a little more of it on my coleslaw.  I used half the cabbage and added some grated carrots with some help from Little Rhino. Little Rhino was able to grate about half a carrot until he decided to eat the remainder of it. Made this mama happy to see him eating some veggies. I also added some milk to it. Not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of the cabbage. Anyone have some ideas?

Black Bean Tacos
half of a small onion, diced
1 - 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. mustard

taco shells
favorite taco toppings
Saute the onion until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the can of beans, water, chili powder and cumin and simmer for 15 minutes. Spoon into taco shells and add your favorite taco toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment