Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vegan Nachos Supreme


This was my first time eating vegan nachos, and I’m addicted. These are so good. Vegan nachos where have you been all my life? This is my new late night snack. We piled on refried beans, guacamole, tomatoes, cilantro, and onion and then slathered on some vegan cheese sauce. The recipe for the cheese sauce came from Kathy at Healthy. Happy. Life.  http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2010/07/cheese-peas-n-pasta-meatless-monday.html

I love that this cheese recipe uses a sweet potato. It gives the cheese a beautiful bright orange color. I made just a few minor changes like reducing the amount of nutritional yeast to 4 tablespoons and omitting the olive oil. We also love this on our black bean tacos (recipe coming soon) as well as the pasta and peas dish at Healthy. Happy. Life. We made our Quick and Easy Guacamole. I don't measure the ingredients so the recipe that follows are just estimates you may need to adjust to your own taste preference.

Quick and Easy Guacamole
1 avocado
2 Tbsp. salsa
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. lime juice

Optional add-ins:
1-2 Tbsp. Cilantro
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 diced tomato
1 Tbsp. diced peppers
1 Tbsp. diced red onion

No comments:

Post a Comment